Last Updated on
Dual monitors are great for multi-tasking!
However, choosing a table specifically for such purpose can be daunting. A lot of desks in the market are not designed with the thought of holding multiple monitors in mind. Especially while the trend is towards simple, small and minimalistic designs.
The bestsellers are in fact those that barely accommodate one laptop with some accessories.
Never fear! There’s a growing market for dual monitor desks. You don’t have to be concerned with the price either.
Best Dual Monitor Desk – Top Choices
|Walker Edison Modern Corner L Shaped Computer...||5,326 Reviews||$101.99 $93.18||View on Amazon|
|Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk - Black||444 Reviews||$249.99||View on Amazon|
|Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming Desk - 32...||1,795 Reviews||$149.99 $88.21||View on Amazon|
|Z-Line Designs Cyrus Workstation||1,137 Reviews||$130.35||View on Amazon|
|Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk||1,283 Reviews||$211.35||View on Amazon|
|Need Computer Desk 55 inches Large Size...||898 Reviews||$156.99 $128.00||View on Amazon|
The best desks for dual monitors are generally well-suited for gamers. Although you may not be one, it would be nice to get one with a lot of space and those with extra holes for your cable needs. Here are some features you should look for;
First, you should ask yourself some hard questions with regards to the design of the desk. Do you need a VESA mount setup? How many wires do you have? Are you aiming to go wired or wireless? How are you going to place your gaming equipment? Are you planning to have put on your table loosely or with a monitor mount? Little holes called grommets are useful for your wires.
Then you have to choose what kind of desk you want. Do you want a wooden material? Or would you rather have it plastic or PVC? Wooden ones are the usual favorite. They are usually durable and a lot of customers love the look of oak or pine. The only drawback is that they can be pretty heavy to move around.
You may want to choose those with wheels. Glass is a pretty rare material to be used as a computer desk. It’s messier, too. Scratches and finger prints tend to linger even after clean up. Although they are generally supported by a steel framework, glass should be your last bet. This especially true in a house with young children.
PVC and Steel usually go together. Steel composes the base material for such times. The PVC may be more of a coating. The advantage here is that they are lighter. In addition, they are easier to move around than wooden ones.
The next thing to consider the ease of assembling the set up. Usually, companies have tried to improve this by providing simple step-by-step instructions and lessening the number of parts. This mostly works. But if you rather ditch this process, you may appreciate a smaller table for your computer.
Then there is the issue of space it will occupy. Gamers tend to use this type of desk in a room of their own. Still, they have to make sure that everyone in the house, including their partner, mother or die hard cleaners are willing to put up with their bulk.
Start by getting the exact dimensions of your corner or room where the desk is going to be placed. Generally, of course, the bigger the desk, the better for most.
Gamers will be happy to be able to place more than two large monitors, loudspeakers, and keyboards into one huge surface. Secretaries will also be able to arrange more efficiently with more file organizers.
The next most important thing to consider is the amount of storage space. You will not be needing more then four drawers, of course. But it will help if your desk comes with a CD or DVD rack, multiple compartments for your various equipment, and maybe a cabinet to keep your CPU.
Functionality is great but you need to organize stuff. This will make everything better for you. It will cut down on the time you consume by looking for anything you may need.
Get more benefits from getting a well-researched desk with getting the right chair and the proper lighting. Your chair should be compatible with the desk in terms of height. It should also have some user-friendly features, such as the nice way it will support your head as you lean backward.
Here are some actual dimensions useful for your search:
- Length of the table surface: 50 up to 60 inches (150 centimeters)
- Width of the table: not less than 48 inches (122 centimeters)
- Height of the table: around 30 inches (77 centimeters)
Styles of Computer Desks for Two Monitors
Some designs for your gaming or multi-media desks:
Dual Monitor Corner Desk
- Dimensions: 29" H x 51" L x 20" W
- Accommodates multiple monitors
- Includes universal CPU stand
Corner desks, are very convenient for switching from one device to another. It may help to prevent that stressful crick on your neck. One of the wonderful examples for this type of desk is the Walker Edison Soreno 3-piece Corner Desk. It is outfitted with a separate compartment in the middle. The legs are fixed to give the X look. Materials include tempered durable glass and a steel framework.
Dual Monitor Gaming Desk
- The 160cm/5' 3 Inches width allows for three large monitors to envelop you in the game environment
- The 80 cm/2' 7 ½ Inches depth gives you a huge field of play for your mouse, keyboard or other...
- Design of the custom mouse pad which has a microfiber cloth surface which is water-resistant. Desk...
Best Budget Dual Monitor Desk
- MADE FOR GAMERS – Atlantic’s Gaming Desk is specifically designed for all your gaming gear, so...
- FEATURE RICH – this gaming computer desk includes a charging stand for your tablet or smart phone,...
- MONITOR & SMART PHONE STAND – 6H x 7W x 22L inch elevated shelf supports up to 27 inch monitor,...
Otherwise known as compact desk, this one will house a lot of equipment within reach. The second monitor can go on an elevated area above the main surface of the desk itself. You can have the option of simply mount two twenty to thirty inch monitors alongside each other in the stand.
Then you have the very functional trays and shelves to place your speakers, hang up your headphones and even your drinking cup. Check out the Atlantic Gaming Desk as one of the best models for this design.
Home Office Desk for Dual Monitors
- Contemporary style desk in a cherry finish with black accents
- Clear tempered glass with black border for safety
- Chrome cylinder glass supports. Weight- 71.72 pounds
Dual Monitor L-Shaped Desk
- Sleek L-Shaped Glass Desk From Z-Line Designs; Ideal For Corner Placement
- Sturdy Metal Frame With Reinforced Plates On Welding Joints; Black Powder Coat Finish
- Clear 6Mm/5Mm Tempered Glass On Desktop, Display Shelf, And Slide-Out Keyboard Tray; Made In China
Dual Monitor Table
- Computer desk size: L55" * W23.7" * H29.5", provides ample desktop space for computer, monitor or...
- Panel material is environmental E1 standard particle wood with high glossy finish, waterproof and...
- This computer desk frame materials is heavy-duty powder-coated metal which ensures stability and...
These are best if you are looking more for great savings. They are also good if you do not need to place more than the dual monitors, a keyboard and a mouse. Just place your loudspeakers and CPU beneath the table. Go big, sturdy and spacious with this type. Try the Bush Furniture Series A 72-inch desk for size.
Dual Monitor Gaming Desk
Desk for two people
You can also consider computer desk for 2 people. Naturally, since they’re built for 2 people and 2 computers, there will be plenty of room for your dual monitor set-up.
Best Monitors for a Dual Setup
If you’re also in the market for new monitors to mount on your desk, here are some of the best monitors to use for a dual setup.
Best for Gaming
- 27” Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 1ms MPRT gaming monitor with ASUS game Fast input technology for a...
- Marathon ready with ASUS Eye Care technology to minimize eye fatigue and an ergonomic stand with...
- Exclusive GameVisual & GAME plus functions to enhance color performance and control
Best for Photo Editing
- Professional monitor: full HD (1920x1080p) 60Hz Super clear IPS monitor deliver lifelike colors...
- Ultimate color accuracy: screen wide sRGB, EBU, smpte c, Rec. 709, dicom sim color uniformity, Delta...
- Frameless digital canvas: A four sided ultra thin bezel shows off more of your masterpiece, and less...
Best for Video Editing
- Two monitors: sold as a dual Pack without monitor stands for easy dual screen installation with...
- Professional monitor: full HD 1080P 60Hz Super clear IPS monitor deliver lifelike colors Perfect for...
- Ultimate color accuracy: screen wide sRGB, EBU, smpte c, Rec. 709, and dicom sim color spaces, Delta...
Best for Programming & Coding
- 27” 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) AH-IPS monitor with a wide 178° viewing angle. Display viewing area(H x...
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting and blue light...
- 3W x 2 stereo, RMS, with 3Wx2 Amplifier, Sonic Master sound optimization technology was co-developed...
Best for Graphic Design
- 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution display with DisplayPort 1. 2, Mini-DisplayPort 1. 2 and 4x...
- 100% rec. 709 & 99. 5% Adobe RGB true Color reproduction, factory pre-calibrated for outstanding...
- ASUS ProArt calibration technology with 14-bit look-up table (LUT) and uniformity Compensation...