Last Updated on
Gamers unite! This article is all about setting up the best desk and tools for that 3D game. Here is the mash-up of all the gear you’ll be needing for that high-end gaming environment.
Start with a Solid Surface
First stop, let’s check up on the computer desks. The most popular ones on the market are the following:
- Polished and beveled, tempered safety glass
- Sturdy steel frame with powder coat finish
- Includes sliding keyboard trey and CPU stand
What’s to Drool Over: the glass that goes with the steel framework that speaks of classy gaming experience. This is a two-in-one desk, all with glass surfaces. A middle space would cover your CPU needs; then you have a keyboard tray, finished off with some X legs. All in all, you have a pretty futuristic look for a steal of a price. Click here to read more about this corner desk.
- MADE FOR GAMERS - Atlantic's Gaming Desk is specifically designed for all your gaming gear, so you...
- FEATURE RICH - this gaming computer desk includes a charging stand for your tablet or smart phone,...
- MONITOR & SMART PHONE STAND -Fits 27 inch flat panel monitor up to 40 pounds. You can also charge...
What’s to Drool Over: the multi-level panels for your dual monitor requirements. You can also decide to have both monitors side by side on the wall. The desk is primarily intended for Atlantic branded gaming consoles and whatnot, but why not? The desk itself is designed to withstand a twenty-seven inch monitors, with a total of 40 pounds. Additional shelving includes a holder for your headphones to be hang, a glass shelf for your cellphones and MP3 players, speakers, and an open rack for DVDs or CDs. There’s a nice bonus of space for your tumbler, all for a sweet price!
- Modern wood-top desk is perfect for office or bedroom use
- Fully assembled, easily unfolds after shipping
- Holds up to 100 pounds on its top so you can fit your computer, books, decor, and more
What’s to Drool Over: this four-legged wonder is black beauty, with enough space for your CPU, grommets, and a space for at a pair of monitors standing side by side. One of the perks of this baby is its easy assembly. Then you have a whopping 250 pound capacity for the entire thing. You can’t get any better at this price!
- Large durable work surface lets you spread out comfortably
- Computer Desk features a 4-port USB hub to keep devices connected
- Stash electronics in handy soft storage tray.Assembled Dimensions: 59.45 W X 59.45 D X 30.16 H...
What’s to Drool Over: inside this sharp oak professional look is its great functional features. Aside from a couple of drawers, it has a USB hub that connects four devices at once. That means you can connect your MP3’s, loudspeakers and so on. Have a lot of devices to connect to?
- Heavy-Duty MDF Panels with a Moisture Resistant PVC Laminate Vaneer in Graphite Finish
- Scratch Resistant Powder-Coated Steel Frame
- Non-Marking Durable Nylon Wheels with locking casters
What’s to Drool Over: this one is a compact desk with even more compact features. Get a load of its desk on wheels, a retractable keyboard tray, and a side shelf to store up at least twelve DVDs or CDs. .
Once we got over the desk, let’s get on with some of the other necessities to complete your gaming set. Here are some of the other devices to upgrade your gaming skills and experience.
Second stop, the monitors!
While most monitors in the market are okay for gaming, you have to admit that not all are equally made. You need something that could carry a bombardment of high resolution pixels and highly flexible setting changes. You might want, for starters, to buy a moniter with around twenty inches of screen. That’s the minimum dimensions for great gameplay.
Here are three of the best:
- 24" Class LED Monitor (24" Viewable) Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, 144hz Response Rate
- AMD FreeSync technology provides the smoothest gaming experience. Height adjust amount- 5.1 inches....
- Brightness - 350 cd/m2, Dynamic Contrast Ratio - 80,000,000:1, Response Time - 1ms
What’s to Drool Over: this is the cheapest monitor in the market to enjoy your gaming. It probably could use some more nicer specs but you can’t beat the price.
- 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution display with IPS technology provide wide-viewing angles, and...
- 144Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync technology (35Hz-90Hz) with Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) for...
- Ergonomically-designed stand with full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment (0~150 mm) for...
What’s to Drool Over: even if it’s one of the moderately expensive ones in the market, it’s a sure buy with its FreeSync technology and 144Hz rate of refreshment. Plus, it’s a 27 inch wide beauty.
- 34" Curved Display (21:9 Aspect Ratio)
- 3440 x 1440 (native and maximum) Resolution .233mm Pixel Pitch
- 60Hz (Overclocking up to 100Hz)
What’s to Drool Over: it’s huge at 34 inches of screen, with a whooping 3440 by 1440 resolution. That’s at least twice the usual resolution of most gaming monitors in the market. Not sure what else is better out there.
Third stop, Keyboards!
This is obvious for gamers that to be able to beat any game, you need some heavy artillery. The keyboard is your defense and offense. Invest in some of the best and you can win almost every time.
The best features with this type of device is their fast response. This means you can execute multiple commands more every minute than the typical keyboard could give. Add to the mix glowing features in the dark and different colors for individual keys, among other ones.
Here are some of the three best in the market:
- Cherry MX Red Mechanical Switches - Smooth, linear key response for ultra fast double and triple...
- Key-by-Key Customizable Backlighting - Brilliant white LEDs with adjustable brightness and per key...
- 18 Programmable G-Keys - 18 dedicated keys with three banks for easy, single keystroke access to up...
What’s to Drool Over: Designed by Novatech Ltd, this one has a great package of features great for gaming or office use.
- World's fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches with up to 25...
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting from a palette of 16 million...
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on your smartphone or tablet...
What’s to Drool Over: If you are a serious gamer, you may want to consider this as part of your exclusive gaming gear.
- 100% Cherry MX key switches - Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming keys deliver the ultimate...
- Dynamic backlighting - Brilliant RED backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited...
- Fully programmable - Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for effortless gaming. PC...
What’s to Drool Over: on a budget but not willing to compromise on quality? Then check this out this model from Corsair.
Some add ons that will do great with your keyboards are the gaming keypads. With less keys and more on joysticks and buttons (read: arcade), it’s more comfortable and controllable. Enjoy the built-in wrist and hand support, too.
Fourth Stop, Mice!
Gaming mouses are great for the gaming set-up, too.
Here are some of the favorites:
- Naturally contoured design follows the natural shape of your hand and fingers for increased comfort...
- Onboard memory lets you program up to 5 ready-to-play profiles, so you can take your personal...
- Customizable backlighting lets you choose your colors and easily locate the right key in low-light...
What’s to Drool Over: this one is for the gaming hands only, with its ergonomic features.
Xgaming X-Arcade Dual Joystick
What’s to Drool Over: whether it’s for your PC or for your Playstation, try this one for Street Fighter.
- ProModule components swapped at will
- High quality, three meter removable Pro Cable
- Removable top and side faceplates
What’s to Drool Over: A piece of equipment is for the PlayStation 3 fanatics everywhere.
Corsair Vengeance M65
What’s to Drool Over: perfect for shooting games such as Counter Strike, this mouse could level-up with tracking and button for sniper shooting.
Next Stop: Speakers and Headphones!
It’s not just the gameplay, the plot or the visuals, but it’s also about the sounds. They more than make up for suspense-building, heart-pounding, and edge-of-your-seats dramatic effects. Communicate with your team with headphones and lead a strategic attack on your opponents. It’s kind of redundant to say that having little or bad audio will break the gaming experience. So, amp it up with these muses:
- Compatible with all devices with a stereo minijack output
- Outstanding bass performance
- Touch volume and mute controls.Satellite Height (inches) 10. Satellite Height 10 inches
What’s to Drool Over: The sounds coming from its high-quality sound box. It’s not one of the Editor’s Choice for no reason.
- Control box for an instant connection to your TV and audio/video equipment.
- Built-in Bluetooth with aptX
- Low profile subwoofer can, sit vertically, horizontally or tuck it inside a cabinet
What’s to Drool Over: get some serious theater effects with this sound box.
- SUPERIOR SOUND PERFORMANCE: The advanced Pro-GTM audio drivers deliver incredible audio with stereo,...
- MULTI-PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY: This is the perfect headset for all of your devices, including PCs,...
- 2.4GHz WIRELESS OR WIRED CONNECTION: Get up to 12 hours of wireless battery life without lighting or...
What’s to Drool Over: beautiful sounds, multi-platform compatible and wireless features. This one’s a keeper.
- Pro Audio Quality
- Superior Fit & Finish
- Swappable Precision Microphone
What’s to Drool Over: control your sound levels with a mixer for this baby. It’s a bit on the expensive side, but splurge on it for great audio and easy audio change settings.